Mikron RFID cards
Mikron RFID cardsMikron produces MIFARE-compatible RFID cards for electronic ticketing in public transport systems, access control and toll collection, as well as for multiple other applications.
At the same time as a member of OSPT-alliance Mikron supports the movement toward the next generation of secure, cost-effective, and flexible fare collection solutions based on open standards and through a global, multi-provider community and works on development of RFID cards with CIPURSE-support.
Several CIPURSE-compliant products are under development:
• Application-rich smart-card based on partner-chip and/ or own MIK32DA512 product
• Regular RFID card (single-trip tickets, event tickets): test samples available Q3 2015
The CIPURSE open standard provides an advanced foundation for developing highly secure, interoperable, and flexible transit fare collection solutions. It is built on proven standards, including ISO 7816, AES-128, ISO/IEC 14443-4 for securing multiple payment types. The CIPURSE standard will:
• Stimulate innovation and market opportunity for fare collection solution and system developers
• Support more secure, flexible design and deployment alternatives for transit system integrators and consultants
• Foster a broad range of cost-effective, interoperable transit fare collection solutions
Important facts: Mikron is a long-term partner of Moscow underground and ground transport system supplying millions of RFID transport tickets in form of paper or plastic cards. Around 3 billion transport cards are produced and supplied by Mikron since production start.
Read success story:
• Mikron RFID tickets for Sochi’s Olympic train
• RFID tickets & smart-cards for Moscow underground